Saturday, 29 May 2010

Books I've recently bought and cant wait to read ! :-)


  1. Ever Since Darwin by Stephen Jay Gould
  2. The View From Serendip by Arthur C. Clarke
  3. The Last Spaceship from Earth by John Boyd
  4. The Pollinators of Eden by John Boyd
  5. Report on Planet Three by Arthur C. Clarke
  6. Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein
  7. The Essence of Chaos by Edward Lorenz
  8. Astounding Days by Arthur C. Clarke
  9. The Trouble with Physics by Lee Smolin
  10. The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins (again ?)

As you can see, that's all sci-fi and science. I keep thinking I have read all of Clarke worth reading and then I pop into a second hand bookstore and am pleasantly surprised by some book of his I had not seen before, it happens all the time. John Boyd I havent read yet, but he looks promising. This Lorenz is the original Lorenz (of the Lorenz attractor) so it should be interesting to read his take on chaos now that Ive had the chance to study the math behind it somewhat. Lee Smolin happens to be my current research supervisor, and that paper is due in soon, so I probably ought to be working ! :-)

3 comments:

Juhi said...

It's a nice feeling to have a pile of books you can't wait to attack.

Anonymous said...

selfish gene is awesome ...

Decemberitis said...

Those are good books. I hope you enjoyed them