Sunday, 11 September 2005

Tear away the cobwebs !

The years of inaction and directionless meandering come back to me and attach their long sticky filaments to my person. The minutes, hours, days, weeks wasted in pointless dallying and sordid wallowing all shoot fine and persistent threads that effectively imprison my mind and consign it to an existence of shallowness and fear. They weave a stifling cocoon around my heart, deadening it, unable to feel, to be inspired, to fly. The cobwebs I've neglected too long, they hang in thick bundles and clinging curtains all around me, making movement impossible, turning every effort into further entanglement, completely shutting off the world, smothering me, burying me alive.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head, I often feel this way. Not good to regret, but then...

Anonymous said...

How long do i have to stand with my head stuck under the sand...

- speed of sound, coldplay

Anonymous said...

Every self analyzing person would come across such a stage in his life. But then again... how many of them really do any self analysis? Most are existing aimlessly.
Nevertheless, such thoughts are a window to discovering one's purpose... and if one's optimisic, he'll find a way.

"hope is a good thing, and in many cases, the best of things"

- Shawshank Redemption

Anonymous said...

now thats my line...is someone trying to spoof me or is it.....'someone'???


whatever....

Psmith said...

I dont think its 'someone', but its good to see that people still visit my blog. i'm not writing much at all.

Anonymous said...

"Silent night, Bodom night"